Procurement & Stores
The role of Procurement & Stores at Rugeley Power Station is to ensure the power station has the right Goods and Services, at the right time, right quality and at the most economically advantageous price to the company.
The Procurement & Stores Department at Rugeley Power Station provides a strong commercial lead on all procurement activities and is responsible for the following activities:
• Issuing all enquiries
• Receiving and evaluating commercial quotations and presenting summary
• Conducting negotiations
• Issuing purchase orders to vendors – on average 2,800 purchase orders are raised each year.
• Issuing Contract letters to vendors – we award around 50 contracts each year.
• Contract monitoring/expediting and other post- contract activities
• Management of Term Contracts
• Ensuring that we achieve ‘Best Value for Money’ for the Company
• Receiving all goods delivered to site
• Inventory Management – 19,000 different items on stock.
• Stock Checking
• Issuing of goods and materials – Around 14,000 items are issued each year
The Procurement Team consists of four staff who manage the purchase of all goods and service requirements of the station and provide support to many customers both internal and external to the company.
The Stores Team consists of two staff and three contractors who manage the receipt and issuing of all goods for Rugeley Power Station ensuring that all our internal customers get the materials they require at the right time!